Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Diary of a Lady - 11


The ignoramus who runs what he thinks is a tight crystal ship has just rejected one of my entries. The reasons cited included the following words: self indulgent and deluded. The rest I have conveniently forgotten. The only way to survive is to let people yap on. It keeps them happy and gives them a sense of purpose. The captain is at his happiest when he's lecturing me on my many vagrant habits.
But the captain is as deluded as I am. He immerses himself in the quest for knowledge; he assumes it makes him a more enlightened being. But it's a pointless quest, when we don't act on the knowledge acquired, when we settle for mediocrity, instead of competing with the enlightened.

I am happy with my delusions. I see the worms and cobwebs in my head for what they are. And no, at no point did I say that Garth Brooks was a yodeler.


Captain's Log: The Crystal Ship's executive officers mulled over whether Spellcheck should be relieved of her columnist duties, but have decided, in all their wisdom, that even the most banal of writers must be given an avenue. Even if it is only to showcase the other talent on the blog.

No comments: