Sunday, December 30, 2007

The stupidest quotes of 2007

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."
Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE) on Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL)

'Why is it good to die for one's country? Isn't it better to live in New York?'
Bar Refaeli, Israeli girlfriend of Leonardo DiCaprio, on her decision to avoid national service.

"Thanks for the question, you little jerk."

John McCain, after being asked by a high school student if he was too old to be president.

"Welcome to Scotland"
- Scotland's new slogan, which is what an ad agency came up with for a new "exciting" slogan after spending six months on the initiative and getting paid 125,000 pounds

"People use music as a utensil to better themselves."
- Jessica Simpson

"I want to be like Gandhi and Martin Luther King and John Lennon – but I want to stay alive."
- Madonna

"That's a wonderful side effect of leather pants: when you pee yourself in them, they're more forgiving than jeans."

Slash on the benefits of being a rock star

"I'm the Ali of today. I'm the Marvin Gaye of today. I'm the Bob Marley of today. I'm the Martin Luther King, or all the other greats that have come before us. And a lot of people are starting to realize that now."

R. Kelly

"[I] don't believe there's any difference between a monogamous and a polygamous relationship. Those are all just big words, like 'gymnasium.'"

Gene Simmons on open marriage

No comments: