Friday, October 19, 2007

Diary of a Lady - 5

Can a person for whom you have no emotional attachment to, make you feel good? It happens sometimes. It happened to me this morning. But there’s a dark lining on every silver cloud; and I foresee a disastrous day ahead. I cannot deal with a bunch of loud, cackling women. I retreat into a shell and look desperately for salvation or redemption. But God does not save or redeem the harlot. Even the beast has more hope than the tramp. Babylon is burning, and I’m lighting my cigarette in the flames.

I'd like to be an Othello who has the power to act than a Hamlet who analyses and overanalyses until it's too late to do anything. Imagine, if Hamlet was in Othello’s place, and Othello in Hamlet’s, there would have been no tragedy. But I’d rather have sex with Macbeth.

No comments: